Alleged Mischke killers apprehended

South Africa
A second man accused of killing University of Johannesburg lecturer Carl Mischke has been arrested Picture: STEPHANE DE SAKUTIN

JOHANNESBURG - A second man accused of killing University of Johannesburg lecturer Carl Mischke has been arrested, Gauteng police said on Sunday.

Lt-Col Lungelo Dlamini said the 29-year-old man was arrested in Kempton Park  on Saturday.

"The victim's vehicle was also recovered in Kempton Park on Friday, whilst it was being stripped by two suspects, and they were arrested for being in possession of a suspected stolen vehicle," he said.

Another 29-year-old man had been arrested on Thursday, also in connection with the murder.

Mischke was stabbed to death at his home. A domestic worker found his body in his bedroom, said Dlamini.

"It is suspected that a sharp object was used to stab him. He was found lying on his bed in a pool of blood. His head was covered with a pillow. No murder weapon was found at the scene," he said.

Dlamini said that all four men arrested would appear in the Johannesburg Magistrate's Court on Monday.

"Two will appear for the murder and other two for possession of a stolen vehicle."

He said the motive for the killing was still not known.

-Sapa

COMMENTS

     

LATEST STORIES

An Egyptian court on Saturday sentenced an Islamist leader on trial for murder alongside deposed president Mohamed Morsi to a year in jail for insulting a prosecutor.
The country's big four banks were fined R125-million for not complying with money laundering controls. Are they contravening other regulations?
Four French journalists taken hostage in Syria last year were freed on Saturday after a 10-month ordeal in the world's most dangerous country for the media.

TOP STORIES view all

At least 24 people have died on South Africas roads since the start of the Easter weekend.
Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu and other religious leaders led a protest to parliament on Saturday to speak out against poor leadership.
As another body is found, authorities have ruled out hope of finding any more survivors from the deadliest accident on Mount Everest.

NEWS STREAMcloseview all

This is the overlay

eNCA Subscriptions

Close