Gupta's sorry

South Africa
The Gupta family have apologised for "incidents" around the wedding eNCA

The Gupta's have apologised for all the incidents reported surrounding the wedding of Vega Gupta, 23, to Indian-born Aaskash Jahajgarhia.

"In light of what happened... the family would like to issue a general apology to all affected, including the South African and Indian governments, the local authorities, the South African public and especially our guests." Atul Gupta said in a statement issued on Saturday.

He said his family was "simply trying to give daughter... a memorable wedding on South African soil".

" We also regret any incidents at the Sun City venue of which the family was unaware. The allegations of racism regarding the staff are definitely untrue. If there was an isolated incident involving any of our guest [we apologise unreservedly to any party affected," said Gupta.

The Gupta's had used national key point, Waterkloof Air Force Base in Pretoria, to land a jet ferrying over 200 hundred guests for the wedding last week.

It was also reported that blue light vehicles were escorting guests to Sun City, North West where the wedding took place.

Several government departments have denied giving clearance for the jet to land at the base.

The departments have launched separate investigations into the matter.
 

-Sapa

COMMENTS

     

LATEST STORIES

Facebook on Thursday began rolling out a feature allowing users of its mobile app to use smartphone location to discover friends near them.
Modern sharks are not "living fossil" replicas of their prehistoric ancestors but have evolved significantly over millions of years to develop their hallmark design.
In a very special project for i-D and Diesel, director Jacob Sutton has captured the world’s hottest dancers walking in the air in their Jogg Jeans and cut-offs.

TOP STORIES view all

A star pathologist hired by Oscar Pistorius says he will not testify at the athlete's murder trial.
Amcu national treasurer Jimmy Gama has admitted to sharing explicit photos with a fellow union member.
A Nigerian school principal denied military reports that most of the girls kidnapped from her school by Islamist gunmen were now safe.

NEWS STREAMcloseview all

This is the overlay

eNCA Subscriptions

Close